Monday, May 31, 2010

The nation is going bankrupt?

Is this what is going to happen to Malaysia? If so why?
I have been reading as to how Malaysia is going to be reduced to a bankrupt nation in a few years time. I don't know about you guys the first impression I get from all this is "Why?" Are we not a nation that is blessed with resources? Why then are we going bankrupt?
A government minister says it is all due to subsidies. We Malaysians are a spoilt lot he says. Everything also got subsidy he says. We must reduce these subsidies and then we will be able to balance our books again!
Look I am no economist but I think that is pure hogwash! Look the truth is this. This nation of ours is going bankrupt because we Malaysians are having incompetent and irresponsible people manning the coffers! There are too many financial scandals that have plagued Malaysia time and again. The PKFZ is one such fiasco. Just how many billions in that scandal? What about our submarines that cannot dive. How much did it cost? I think for now this two illustrations are enough. You get the picture. And I wont even go in to the "buy elections" that appears to be the craze at the moment. This "I help u, U help me" mentality is the main reason why this nation of ours is going bust.
A bleak future awaits us Malaysians if we don't do the right thing. The right thing would be to stand up and demand that the government is held accountable for all its actions. One way to do this would be to vote! So exercise your right and vote wisely the next time!
M V Nathan

No comments: