Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Tragedy at Bukit Antarabangsa (2)

Work goes on as usual here !


I took the above picture at about 1.30 pm on the day of the land slide. It was taken at the Laman Oakleaf houses some a few hundred meters away from ground zero. At the time this picture was taken there were a bee line of residents affected by the land slide walking right in front of this house. The distraught residents were walking by this house with their bags and other prized belongings right in front of this house. Many had tears in their eyes as they trudged past.
It was amazing how some people didn't have a care as to the goings on around them. As you can see..... the workmen in this picture went about their jobs without any care either for their own safety or even out of respect and concern for their fellow men. Simply amazing. I walked away feeling absolutely disgusted by what I saw.
Is this what the world has come to ? Sad. I also read that there were allegations made by the residents that the police instead of rescuing/assisting the affected residents were actually looting the place instead! Simply amazing! If these allegations are true....I am dumbstruck here. I think words fail me here. Sad....am really sad.
Have we Malaysians lost our sense of compassion ? Are we so motivated by worldly possessions and economic gains that all else matters not ?
M V Nathan

No comments: