Monday, June 1, 2009

Go join PPP or MIC or whatever?

I cant stomach swimming with sharks now. Sorrylah! Them sharks are reputed to be ruthless!

HT said...
why dont you go join PPP, MIC or which ever parties and serve the ppl instead?
May 28, 2009 9:32 PM

The above comment was left by a reader yesterday. Thank you HT. I think I have to respond to HT by posting this.

When you go watch a movie you have the anticipation and hope that the movie leaves you satisfied in the end. If you are happy at the end of the movie you probably would be muttering to yourself that it was money well spent. Supposing you leave the movie hall feeling cheated, disgusted and annoyed that you had wasted your time and precious money in watching the movie; Do you then go out to make a movie yourself? Do you go out to become a director or an actor just to prove a point?


The " point" I am making is this. At this moment I just want to be part of the "audience" in the movie hall. I will speak my mind when I disagree/annoyed with someone in public office. Just because I disagree or am annoyed does not mean I have to be involved/participate in any political party. Cant I just disagree and state my disagreement without the need to actually join the political fray? Sorrylah I cant brave the waters now! The waters are reputed to be very deep and infested even with sharks!


The other thing is this. I am of the firm opinion that politics in this country revolves too much around "race" presently. Almost every politician tries to be the champion of his "race". I think there are no political party out there really championing "Malaysians". Until the day I think there exists a political party that champions us Malaysians....... I shall just be commenting from the sidelines.



Cheers,


M V Nathan

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are just a commentator. My mother call people like that NATO- no action talk only..or maybe it should be NAWO in your case- no action, write only..but then i am like that too..then again, who was it who said, the pen is mightier than the sword?

bodhi said...

Hi Anon,

Sure your mum was right? The pen is surely mightier than the sword. We owe it to the nation to continue in our own little ways.

Thks for dropping by.
Cheers