Sunday, November 9, 2008

Did he say he bribed ?

Nah ....ambil sikit duit kopi ! Ikhlas ni tau...!

Over the weekend I kept thinking as to what I read in the NST on saturday morning. It was an interview that was conducted with the new Chief Justice Tan Sri Zaki @ The former UMNO lawyer. I quote from the NST........"What I am telling you is not fiction but based on my own experience in private practice," he said at an integrity convention here.Recalling an incident in 1987, Zaki said he was "blacklisted" when he complained to the chief registrar of two missing files belonging to his clients."It took me six months to be nice, to bribe each and every individual to get back into their good books before our files were being attended to."That was my personal experience, and I am telling this to all the clerks and all the registries to stop this nonsense and I know this is happening, even as late as last week... a lawyer came to see me."He added that the clerk asked the lawyer to come the next day to collect the file after saying "tapi jangan lupa, ya", signalling him to come with cash. - New Straits Times, 8/11/2008 -Stop it now, corrupt court staff warned ".
Wow ! The new CJ just admitted to the whole nation that he had indulged in corrupt practices in the past. The last time I checked on the law this is an admission that he had given a bribe in the past. And the last time I checked there is no statute of limitation with regards to criminal offences in this country.
Does this mean that some concerned member of the public.... let say.... from UMNO ( since they say they are the only true champion of the rakyat) is going to lodge a police report against the new CJ for corruption ?Will the police investigate the offence committed (if any) ? Will the AG/ACA then prosecute the man ?
As the latin saying goes " Res Ipsa Loquitor - The things speaks for itself" ! No elaborations needed lah!
Cheers
M V Nathan

No comments: