Wednesday, November 12, 2008

UPSR results are out !

This was me many moons ago !

Today I am going to lay off politics. Today I am writing in honour of all the primary school kids who received their UPSR exam results.The reason why I write is this; this morning I was in my son's school to see how my son fared in the said exam. FYI my son is studying in a Chinese medium school. The moment I entered the school compounds I saw some parents there who were crying. I guess they were either not too happy with their children's performance or maybe they were tears of joy.I don't know. Anyway not wanting to be accused of being a "kay poh" I left and walked to the place where the results were displayed.
Again I saw some very sad faces. To be honest I was anxious as to my son's results. Maybe that explains why I only saw sad and crying faces then! Having literally pushed everyone that was in my way, I then peered at the notice board looking for my son's name. In what seemed liked an eternity I finally chanced upon my son's name. It was ok. To be honest this was my first time for being so anxious of someone else's results, other than mine!!! This was definitely a first for me. I guess I have to brace the fact that I am going to face moments like this many more times in my life in the future! Oh Dear !
Anyway,I am one person who never seemed to do well in exams before. Quite simply put, you could say that I was a very poor student, with poor studying techniques to boot. I guess you could say that I was the student that every diligent teacher would not have in their worst nightmare! Ha-ha!!! I always left studying to the last moment and needless to say I was ill prepared most of the time; And I never learnt my lesson right till I finished law school!
Well needless to say I am haunted till this day of nightmares of having to face exams the next day! Its true! I still wake up in the night every now and then......all sweating and shivering fearing exams are the next day! Aiyoh!!!
Anyway... the point I am making is this. All you boys and girls out there if you happen to read this....STUDY SMART! Don't be like me. Another thing I must hasten to add here is this.... never let anyone say you are a failure just because you did not get that string of A's or that first class honors degree. All that pieces of paper do not mean a thing at the end of the day if you are corrupt and seriously lacking in proper moral and ethical conduct. I believe it is what you do with your life and how well you live it..... more important than all that A's on pieces of paper put together! Dont believe me ? Just look at our so called leaders and see how well they behave ! Ok, ok I said no politics today! Ha-ha-Ha!!!
Cheers,
M V Nathan

No comments: