Thursday, November 6, 2008

I am happy today!

Yes ! I am happy today!

I am happy today. Maybe there is hope after all.Two reasons why I am so chirpy today. One, I am relieved that the High Court in shah alam has decided to release RPK from the dreaded ISA. I am informed that the learned judge had remarked that the detention to be "unconstitutional". Well done Judge! I am glad to note that there are at least a few judges left in the Judiciary that will do the right thing instead of being beholden to the executive. Today we Malaysians can be proud that there is some glimmer of hope in the Malaysian judiciary. This is welcome news indeed! To the Honourable Home Minister I can say only this. Please Sir for the sake of the country...... retire/resign and forever be gone. You have been very wrong on numerous occasions before. We do not need you to be in charge of the country's internal safety and well being. What the country needs is more leaders like Datuk Zaid and not the likes of you!
The second reason I am happy is that Mr Barrack Obama has been elected to be the president of USA! Yes!!!! I am very happy indeed. I don't know what is in store for the world as a result of this historic win...... but at least one thing is for certain.....Race politics have seen the end days. We can now emulate the Americans in at least one aspect. Let us choose our leaders based purely on merit and credibility. There is a new order in the world today and we Malaysians better wake up to the possibility of a better Malaysia should there be an end to race politics. In fact I would hasten to add that we Malaysians must strive hard to make race based politics to be a thing of the past.
Cheers everyone!
M V Nathan

No comments: