Wednesday, April 15, 2009

The Dodo bird lives!

The Dodo bird my friends have been thought to be extinct for a long time now. However recent research has shown that they have evolved into becoming politicians and journalists even! Strange but true! Only happens in Malaysia!

It is amazing what some journalists are capable of writing these days. Simply put just pure crap! A recent article in the Utusan Malaysia is one clear example. Just read the link here.http://www.malaysianbar.org.my/legal/general_news/semua_kaum_patut_pertahankan_perpaduan.html

At first glance this article is very good in that it propounds fostering better ties amongst the races. But upon closer examination this article to me is very racist and advocates that ONLY the BN is capable of fostering good ties amongst the races that ultimately brings about progress and development. Pure hogwash is what I say to this theory.

I reproduce a snippet from the article "Segala kemajuan yang kita kecapi hari ini adalah atas dasar kerjasama dan perkongsian kuasa melalui kerajaan Barisan Nasional. Relakah kita melihat segala impian yang dibina hancur berkecai akibat perpecahan antara kaum."

I am a non Malay and I know for certain I am not questioning the rights of the Monarchy, language and religion of the Malays. In fact I don't even know any non Malay who is questioning these rights now. If I may add, I don't even know or even heard any non Malay who is calling for amendments to be made to the Federal Constitution asking for the removal of these rights. I as a non malay am praying that the people of this nation will stop talking in divisive terms and truly unite as "one" in our own unique way. So what if we speak in different languages at home ? But then again, don't we all sit at the Mamak stall and speak malay when we communicate with one another ? I am Malaysian first despite being of Indian descent. This is my home and I ain't goin no where.

So what then, are the objectives for writing such an article that gives the impression that the non Malays are clamouring for the removal of such rights ? Shouldn't this article be deemed to be seditious in nature ? Was the article aimed to cause the Malays to be upset and annoyed at the non Malays? Is the "mischief" here created to ensure that the BN continues to hoodwink the masses to remain in power? Hmmm.....

They just don't learn do they ? It is very obvious that some have clearly not learnt their lesson from events past. Just like the Dodo bird, it is inevitable that some are doomed to extinction by their inability to learn and reform!

M V Nathan

P/S Mr PM maybe you didnt brief the editors in Utusan Malaysia as to your 1 Malaysia concept ? Oh ya .... sorrylah....I forgot all just wayang kulit right ? Cheers!

No comments: