Sunday, April 5, 2009

Call me a sceptic !


Me still no percaya sama lu lah!
I had been away the whole of last week. I didn't have the chance to post my thoughts as to recent events up till now. Wow! In a space of just a week we Malaysians have had much to talk about didn't we ? First we had the Earth Hour, then we had a new PM, Formula 1 and now the by elections. We certainly have it good don't we ? Ha-ha!!
Anyway I am just not convinced with the new PM's new found "approach" to the Rakyat. Call me a sceptic but I just don't buy it lah! We have been hoodwinked as a nation so many times in the past that I have resigned myself to being a sceptic!
The new man says the ISA detainees were released because the government cares! Hello am I missing a point here ? And just why did you gomen fellas detain these people in the first place then ? Oh ya ..... I forgot, because you cared! I don't know about you chaps, I have the strangest feeling in my gut that nothing much is going to change here in Bolehland! Just the same old people doing the same old magic tricks getting us Rakyat all wanting to believe that change is really upon us.
Tell you what Mr New PM , this is my list for a better Malaysia....would you really be able to do something about it ?
1) The findings of the Royal Commission into the infamous Lingam tapes;
2) The "missing men" from the Altantuya matter and other related matters;
3) A truly independent MACC;
4) The independent police commission;
5) Abolish the ISA;
6) A free and independent Judiciary;
7) A free and independent media;
8) Freedom of assembly.
Tell you what Sir, just start with the list above. I will post you suggestions from time to time as warranted in the circumstances.
Cheers,
M V Nathan

No comments: