Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Earth Hour

Be part of this project! Make mother nature proud of you!

The plain truth is this, the Earth our planet and only home needs our help! Our planet Earth is being choked to "death" by our lust for more energy, land and all other "necessities" that it is only a matter of time before the planet gives up on us. Very soon we human beings would have stripped this planet, our only home of all its natural resources which ultimately would cause our own demise and destruction as inhabitants of this planet.
But wait, I am reliably informed that this grim picture of doom need not hold true, if we as inhabitants make a collective effort in wanting to see that mother nature resuscitates and has enough time and space to heal. We can be a part of this healing process. Together all of us can make a change for a better future. Simple things go a long way. One simple way would be to simply reduce and recycle always! I must confess that there were many times in the past where I had abandoned and not cared enough for mother nature. I am guilty of saying "Ah it doesn't matter!" but the fact of the matter is that that every little thing that we do does matter!
Come this 28/3/09 we all have an opportunity to be part of the process of making sure that our planet doesn't go kaput in the near future. Together let's switch off our lights from 8.30 till 9.30 pm. Though some may criticise the effort to be merely symbolic and not holistic enough but I am resolved to be part of this great effort. I think the point is "awareness" my dear friends! It is the first step. Let this first step be our catalyst for greater awareness for mother nature and all things around us.
Come this Saturday I will be sitting in my garden with my family and maybe do a little star gazing ! What might you be doing this Saturday nite ?
Believe me this simple act by all of us will surely go a long way!
Cheers,
M V Nathan

No comments: