Wednesday, March 18, 2009

A question of public perception ?

Wah ..... me look like that one ah ?

It is a question of perception I think. It is how the general Joe or Jane public views the issues I guess. Let me be frank here.....How many of us really want Mr Najib to be the next PM of this country ? Me personally I would rather have sleepy old Pak Lah to continue as PM then have Mr Najib as the PM of the nation. There I said it. Glad I got it off my chest! Look the reasons are quite simple actually. There are many unresolved "mysteries" with regards his "involvement" or otherwise in that infamous Altantuya murder trial. We simply don't know who to believe anymore. Was he involved or was he not involved....Who knows? There are simply too many questions presently and I guess it is safe to say that there are not too many satisfying answers given to answer those questions! The question is one of perception you see..... So in the circumstances should I have a choice, would I want Mr Najib as PM ? Certainly not!
The Sujatha death inquest has also got me thinking .....What was Pari Vell doing driving the deceased all the way to Klang Hospital when KL Hospital is so near from where he initially found the deceased ? Why was he able to obtain the assistance of his cousin at the hospital in Klang to treat the deceased ? Is this normal ? Why was there no toxicology reports, no post mortem done, missing urine reports, no police reports ? Why ??????? Pari Vell had also stated that allegedly the deceased had told him that she had drunk the paraquat "unknowingly"! Wow! That is simply amazing! So do you think that the late Ms Sujatha died a "normal" death after reading reports like that in the newspapers ? Hmmmmm......
The UMNO Disciplinary Board has made it so that Al Rustam will not be able to contest in the up coming UMNO party elections for having found him guilty of money politics. Question here would then be :" Kalau tak boleh bertanding macamana boleh masih jadi Ketua Menteri Melaka" A man found guilty of money politics is qualified to be Ketua Menteri but cannot contest in UMNO party elections ? What kind of logic is this ? If he had been found guilty, shouldn't he have been kicked out of the party and stripped of all his posts ? What do you think ?
What about the SIL of the outgoing PM also found guilty but let off with a warning due to a "weak link" ? And the MACC..... dont you want to investigate all this further ? Ya.....busy with Lingam tapes...no time right?
So I guess ultimately, it is a matter of perception at the end of the day. What does the Joe and Jane public think of all this ? Just another day in good old Malaysia....Ah....now where did I put my cup of tea?
M V Nathan

No comments: