Saturday, March 14, 2009

Brilliant Liverpool!!!


That's how you do it boys!


That's four on you mate, should you not know!



Sometimes in life the inevitable happens. The law of averages would have it that you cannot go on telling people that you are the best in the world and unbeatable even. To those of you who don't follow the English Premiere League you don't know what you had missed. Ha-ha!!! Maybe I should explain why I am writing this post first.

The fact is, most of my friends and relatives are Manchester United fans. Me, I am just a mere Liverpool fan. For the past few months these MU fans have been boasting that their team is the best in the world! Of course they say they are entitled to their "learned and reasoned" opinion as their team had won that World Club tournament last year (never mind the fact that the teams that participated then were far from being world class!) Anyway the past week had been quite stressful for me. I had my usual work stress issues to contend with and to compound matters I had to bear with the constant goading from my MU friends about the game on Saturday night between their beloved team and mine i.e Liverpool.

One particular friend Patrick D even had the audacity of recording a message on my handphone that his MU team was going to beat Liverpool at their grounds by a score of 3-0! Then there was the usual SMS from others as to how their team is going on to beat Liverpool for they fear no one in the world! Honestly, I had to keep quiet for I was fearing the worst come Saturday night! Playing at Old Trafford against the team that is leading the league by seven points with a game in hand ??? I guess the odds were stacked heavily against Liverpool from salvaging anything from this game. Even the predictions in all the newspapers and sports commenters/pundits on TV had it that Liverpool was going to lose by a scoreline of at least 2-0 or even 3-0!

I guess I had the last laugh on this matter when my "lowly" Liverpool came up triumphant against the "world champions"!It was a brilliant performance by Liverpool. It was just world class if I may add! I must confess that I had trouble sleeping last night as I was in seventh heaven! Absolutely delirious you may say! Yessss.... We beat them devils 4-1! Liverpool had inflicted the worst defeat on MU in years! And all done away from our Anfield home!!! Simply brilliant!


At this point,I don't quite care if those MU chaps win the premiere league again this year, for as far as I am concerned this season, over two games we beat them red devils twice! So eat humble pie you MU fans. Its been a long time coming!
Adrian Ong, if you happen to read this I hope you can recall your words now...."We are the world champions...., what is there to play for anymore ? We have won everything!" Well my dear nephew the honest and brutal truth is this; there is always plenty to play for! And that IS the truth and nothing but the TRUTH!


You'll never walk alone!

Cheers,
M V Nathan

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

well done my friend.. from the article, it clearly shown that you have been like a punching bag for yearsssss... i clearly understand where you come from.

Bro, you dont win EPL by beating US, MAN UTD twice in a year.. credit has to be gievn to your team last weekend but may be they should start learning how to score against team like STOKE City bfore they tell the world they would like to win EPL again... Good try this year, but not enough. Try again next year as this year again, you are not alone walking with other 19 losers....

wahahahahahahah....

bodhi said...

Dear MU for life,

You would have read that I alluded to the fact that we may not win the premiereship this year. That was not the point! The point of me writing the post was to say about how arrogance will only bring about downfall.

Anyway, You MU chaps can shout till the cows come home that you may YET win the premiership this year BUT the fact is the POSSIBLE champions lost and were humiliated on their very own grounds before their very fans( whom by the way left the stadium before the game finished)!

Sorry mate..... go eat humble pie!

Cheers!

Anonymous said...

If MU beats Liverpool in the champions league final and takes the CL cup, it would make up for the two defeats in the EPL this season..perhaps that is what's the gods have scripted? United-eye of the Tiger! like in the Rocky movies.

bodhi said...

Dear Anon,

First qualify for the final! At this point in time everything is uncertain with regards the participants of the final. The only fact certain for NOW is that MU were humiliated on the day at Old Trafford!

Need I add more ?

Cheers