Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Plans for VVIP graves?

really coconuts I tell you!
I almost choked on my roti chanai this morning. Well it appears that there is a plan for a National Mausoleum near the National Monument ! It's real I am not making it up. Please refer to the NST at page 13 under the column "Parliament in brief".


Now immediately a few questions come to mind.


1) Just who are these VVIP's anyway?

2)What have they done to deserve this prime land resting place?

3)Who decides who these VVIP's are?

4)What is the cost of this very "noble" plan?

5)Was this "noble" plan ever mooted to the people of this country?


Now why is it that we Malaysians are so fixated with these so called "VVIP"s anyway? When we drive our cars we have to give way to some VVIP and his/her entourage so that the particular VVIP would not be late to cut some ribbon or release some balloons some where. When there are functions we wait for some VVIP to turn up to "grace" the occasion. More often than not the so called VVIP's turn up late and dont even bother to apologise. I can go on but I think I will not.


Anyway the point I am trying to make is this; wouldn't the money about to be spent on this "noble" project be better reserved for something more deserving? Lets say buying more dialysis machines for starters. Maybe the money can be used for the many deserving cases where medical funds are needed. Or maybe we can even use the money to buy computers and teaching materials for needy kids. Feeding the poor and hungry?I can think think of a million ways to spend the money more wisely.


Look the reality of the situation is this. We all die. Only a matter of time. So lets not waste money on grandeur monuments for the dead! It is the living that need the funds more than the dead! Chances are the VVIP's can already afford to make their own grand mausoleums!!!



Cheers!


M V Nathan

3 comments:

Dave Avran said...

Absolutely right, Mr N.
The late Zakaria Md Deros of Klang holds the record for the biggest "resting place". Weather he's in peace or not is moot, though.
Cheers

bodhi said...

Precisely my point Dave. So very right.I dont know where all this is going to end. Maybe the guiness book of records for the most graves marked "VVIP" ? Maybe to do better than the Taj Mahal even?

Cheers and be well always Dave.

P/s my take on VVIP is that - Very Very Idiotic People! Seditious you say ?

All of us are on a journey but do we set the directions ? said...

Ultimately , it's all about the preoccupation with 'self' and 'I'

'Ignorance knows no bounds'

With Compassion