Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Why so slow ?



What's taking you guys so long ?

I simply cannot understand why it is taking the Police SO LONG to finish their investigations into the Anwar sodomy allegations! There I said it. It is simply absurd. I have done cases pertaining to sexual offences many a times before this. So I guess I am a little qualified on the subject. As I said I can't understand why the police is labouring this long to finish their investigations into the matter. In fact the way I see it and with due respect, I dare say this; sodomy would be one of the most easiest cases to solve. I may be a little cocky here when I say that I would be able to wrap up investigations into this matter within a week. I am serious. No jokes!

In law there are a few matters to be established(in a nutshell). First and foremost was there penetration ? If there was, can it be proved by medical evidence ? Thirdly the victim's testimony i.e is it credible ? Then you look for other corroborative evidence like independent witnesses, pictures if any of the victim after the sexual assault, presence of semen and the like.

In my humble view the police/AG should have a firm view whether to press charges in the Anwar matter by now. It is rather very strange and I dare say a ridiculous state of affairs should the police be still investigating after so long. The alleged perpetrator is a well known figure... no mystery here.... so tunggu apa lagi ? DNA ? To me this is a non issue since the police already have Anwar's DNA profile from before.

I say charge him or otherwise just close the IP papers!

This stupid episode in Bolehland must STOP!

M V Nathan

No comments: