Sunday, October 12, 2008

Do you believe ?

"We Malaysians are well insulated from the global credit crunch!" .......You believe ah ?

I don't know about you but I don't believe we are ok. Call me a sceptic... but I think our house is in a mess. If you believe the politicians and all the propaganda machinery that runs the spin that we read in the papers, watch on the telly and hear on the radio.....then we are ok. Somehow I have my fears that all is not well with the economy. Just look at the share market.....Hmmmmm.....
I also say this because I think all the big guns who matter in the government seem to have their eyes firmly fixed on the "Amazing Race". Who is getting nominations ? By which branch and the number of nominations, etc.... The amazing race is getting more coverage than the world credit crunch. I tell you it sends the shivers down my spine when I think about all this. Nobody seems to be talking about how to help the average Ali, Samy and Lim. Even if they do.... it is about prudent spending and how we should cut expenditure. Our politicians ...only good in giving advice but never to lead by example. Semua cakap tak serupa bikin!
Talk about believe... do you for one moment believe that our PM is going to achieve all the so called reforms to the major institutions within the next 5 months ? Aiyoh Mr PM... you had 5 years and you did diddly squat! Call me a sceptic... but do you actually think you are gonna acomplish all that within that short period of time ?
Moving on.......That Mr former CM of Penang wants us to believe that our outgoing PM is the "Father of Democracy"!!! Aiyoh.... Hello you something wrong is it ? Under whose watch did people like RPK and Theresa got detained under ISA ? Under whose watch did that poor journalist girl got detained under the ISA for her "own safety" ? All the others that have been detained under the ISA... who signed the papers for detention ? Hello... Mr former CM didn't you also complain of the use of the ISA ? Wasn't RPK also charged for sedition ? Semua ini sudah lupakah ? What about censoring the internet ? ...... Hello ..... what democracy ?
You still believe.... all is ok ?
M V Nathan
P/S Do you believe that Shah Rukh Khan truly deserves the "Datukship"? A Datukship for having scenes of Melaka in his movies ? Phew..... apalah!

No comments: