Friday, October 31, 2008

Why the hidden faces ?

Just why are they hiding their faces ?

This is one aspect of that infamous Mongolian murder trial that just makes me want to shout "double standards" out loud. I have been in criminal law practise for more than a decade now. I have to state for the record that I have not seen any accused persons being brought to court "bungkus" like these two. Simply amazing! Just why are they being allowed to cover their faces like this is simply a mystery to me. To me the only way these two are getting away with this practise is if the police are actually helping them. I know that the prison authorities in Sungai Buloh will not approve this sort of attire in prison. It must be when they are being transported in the police trucks/vans that they are doing this "bungkus" job. With handcuffs on....it would be absurd if someone tells me that these two are capable of doing this "bungkus" job on their own. Question here is this : Why then, are the boys in blue helping these two to cover their faces ? Is this not a security issue ? Is there a possibility of them getting strangled under all that clothes ? Why are they afforded this special treatment anyway ?
M V Nathan

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

these 2 guys will eventually found guilty and get whatever sentence is needed to shut off public mouth.

Without anyone ever saw their face, they can then easily just walk out of Sg Buloh prison or may be not walk out, may be there will be a Bently limo driving them out...

So these 2 guys could be sitting next to your table at any mamak stall in 2-3 yrs time..

I rest my case..

bodhi said...

Oh Dear ! Really ? Hmmmmm....