Friday, September 26, 2008

Unhappy man ?



Sometimes I look like this !

Someone left a comment on this blog that he/she thinks that I am one unhappy person. In a way I guess that comment is a fair and accurate representation of me albeit sometimes. I also have to confess that I am not someone who is very patient by nature. At times I can be quite the ogre as represented in the picture above. Ha-ha!!

You tell me how not to be upset and annoyed when there is so much injustice that goes on everyday around us. I don't know about you but more often than not... somehow... I just get drawn in. So much so that some of my friends even call me a "fighter cock"! Aiyoh!

Anyway..... the point is this ....Do we just keep quiet and ignore the things that we see and hear ? Do we say ".... don't get involved or they will tangkap us next ?" "Why interfere when it is not your problem?"" Let other people do itlah.... think always you got wife and kids......! If you get arrested who gonna take care of the family ?"" Wah!... so free ah you ? Nothing to do is it ?"

I think the point that I am making is this. We all have a duty to speak up when we see or hear something wrong around us. We have to stop thinking "as long as can cari makan oklah!" and start doing something individually or even collectively to make Malaysia a better place for all of us. Whatever little steps, whatever little acts, whatever little words..... wherever and whenever necessary. Together we can make a difference! Believe me, we cant trust the politicians to do it for us anymore!

Cheers!

M V Nathan

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

helo mister fighter cock, the guy who started calling you this name is back to the bolehland... let's catch up one of these days for teh tarik.... i love you brother.

Anonymous said...

Welcome back Hang Tuah! Melaka is lost without Hang Tuah. Teh Tarik I happily will have with you mate. Hari Raya in Melaka ?

Cheers