Thursday, June 26, 2008

"He's a liar" - Najib


"...total garbage. That's all I want to say"

Wah ! Finally Our beloved DPM has made his stand loud and clear. All of you that have missed the news, it appears that our DPM has rubbished RPK's Statutory Declaration. Well done sir!

If you don't mind me Sir, I have a question here....ahh... What took you so long ah ? If somebody had accused me and my wife of complicity in a serious crime i know would be jumping up and down saying "slander", "libel" and "defamation" the moment it is made known. In fact I would be so incensed about it that I would walk in to the nearest police station to lodge a police report against the perpetrator of the slanderous/libelous remark/statements. Did you lodge one Sir ? Sorrlylah but the newspapers make no mention if you did lodge one. In fact none of the mainstream media has carried any explanation as to why you took so long to respond. Maybe you could have said you were too busy and that would have explained it.

OK, now that you say it is a lie and your boss also says it is a lie then why did RPK make his Statutory Declaration ? I hope RPK is aware that he may go to prison for a long time should all his allegations be found to be untrue. Well we ordinary people on the streets would just have to be patient and wait to see how this intriguing story ends. Me,I am hoping for a happy ending. I just love happy endings where the bad guys eventually get caught and get sent to prison for a long time. Doesn't matter who the bad guys are, so long as they are caught.

On another matter the IGP has said that the police would take severe action against people who spread rumours regarding petrol stations. The IGP says this is akin to economic sabotage! Wah big words! He says this is a malicious act and that these people are out to sabotage the country's economy. Wah very clever hoh! What he says next is the best part I think. "The police would not hesitate to use the ISA against them".

Mr IGP I do not wish to pour cold water on your enthusiasm in wanting to go about catching this rumour mongers, but since when did the police have "powers" to detain anyone under the ISA ? Can you please inform us where does it say in the Internal Security Act 1960 that the police can use/exercise the powers under the ISA ? The last time I checked,the Internal Security Act makes mention that it is the Minister(Home Affairs I believe) that shall make the order for any detention under the ISA. By the way I am also not sure about your reasoning as to the "economic sabotage" arguments as well. I don't see how the ISA can ever be used for rumour mongering about the closing of petrol stations. I don't think the drafters of the ISA had this kind of matters in mind when they came up with the ISA. What has it got to do with the security of the nation anyway?

In any event the ISA is an obsolete and draconian piece of legislation that ought to have been repealed a long time ago. Tell you what Mr IGP, if you have proof that some people are passing these rumours, simply go tangkap themlah. Next charge them in court. Let them have their day in court. If you are so certain that they have done some wrong, gather the evidence and prove it in court. Otherwise I think you should just stop making silly remarks that make people laugh.

Cheers,

M V Nathan







2 comments:

Anonymous said...

there is suspicion of cover up in the highest places. These people get the best legal advice, so why the delay in making police reports?
RPK is a brave man. He preaches about being a good moslem and the virtues of islam. Dont think he would make a SD if it is a lie. I dont think it is going to jail that he is afraid of. It is facing his Maker if had "fitnah-ed" some innocent person. The probablities are that he has absolute faith in his sources.

bodhi said...

hmmm...Interesting view. I sincerely hope all will be unraveled in time.

cheers