Monday, June 23, 2008

Wah so fast one ah?



My horse "Justice" in a real hurry !

I like how sometimes things move at a real fast pace here in Malaysia. To me the lightning speed that the ACA moved in to investigate a certain Datuk from Sabah is really amazing. This Datuk is a leader of one of the component parties that form BN.This Datuk also recently announced that he and his party was going to move a vote of no confidence against our very lovable PM. In fact the two Members of Parliament from his party was supposed to do just that when Parliament reconvened on Monday. Sadly it was a no show!

This is the part that i like. The ACA that normally is accused of going into deep sleep like state or even self induced coma when carrying out its duties, suddenly sprung into action. They then announced that they were going to carry out investigations on our Datuk from Sabah for alleged payments amounting to RM5 million made to his agents.

I am sure some of you would be saying this to me now " hello, people slow you complain people fast also you complain ah?". What to say ? I guess there is no pleasing melah. The fact of the matter is this, if this Datuk didn't threaten to move this vote of no confidence against the PM, would the ACA been as efficient ? The timing here really "stinks". How sure are we that this investigations are not a kind of tit for tat reaction on the part of the government ? I am not convinced at all that these investigations are being made in good faith or as a genuine gesture of wanting to eradicate corruption in this country. Only lesson that one can learn from here in my opinion is the following " You mess with me boy and boy will I mess you!".

I have this to say to the ACA " boss what happened to the investigations against our former PM and his merry men ? " Belum habis siasatkah? Manyak lambatlah!

Sigh! if only the ACA can move with lightning speed in other matters as well!

Cheers

M V Nathan

No comments: