Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Sometimes things move rather very slowly !

Tak boleh cepatlah! Banyak berat!
It appears to me that the findings of the Royal Commission of Enquiry into the Lingam tapes had been announced for sometime now. Maybe its just me but somehow I think since then everything regarding this fiasco has since lost its steam. People don't seem to want to talk about this matter anymore. The AG has requested for the police and the ACA to carry out investigations and thats the end of it. Why do I feel that things are not on the fast track as compared to some other cases ? Somehow I feel that investigations into this judicial fiasco is moving at snail's pace. That is just my perception; anyway what do I know right ? Read what the retired PM said here http://www.chedet.com/2008/06/royal-commissions.html He says that he is awaiting to be investigated! ." I am now named as one of those to be investigated by the authorities.6. I await the investigation which I suspect is possibly intended to incriminate me one way or another."- Former PM TUN DR MAHATHIR M.
I remember when one DAP MP was alleged to have made some seditious statements against the Perak Royalty, many police reports were made against him. In fact one of the police reports made against the said MP was at the behest of the PM. I remember how our boys in blue then sprung to action. They interviewed the said MP and recorded statements from many people. Some say they they lived up to the motto "Cepat dan Tepat"! As I recall many people were jumping up and down demanding for justice and honour then. If you had the read the papers then this issue would not have escaped you.
Somehow when the Royal Commission had announced its findings the reaction of some people were quite strange I thought. Instead of demanding the fiasco to be investigated immediately some were of the opinion that "restraint" should be the order of the day. Let them be investigated first they said. We should be fair to them and give them a fair hearing, etc....
The point I am making here is this. This judicial fiasco affects the judicial welfare of the nation right? Why didn't the PM himself make a police report against the alleged perpetrators of the fiasco ? Why didn't the boys in blue make immediate arrests and request for remand of the suspects under Section 117 of the Criminal Procedure Code ? I thought our boys always arrested first and then applied for remand to enable them to complete investigations. I guess there are always exceptions to the general rule! Anyway what more investigations do you need to carry out to uncover further evidence, other than what was provided at Royal Commission ? In my opinion the evidence gathered at the Royal Commission is sufficient for a prima facie case to be proved against the alleged suspects. In my humble opinion the evidence is damning enough!
I remember how Harris Ibrahim was whisked away by our boys in blue at lightning speed from Dataran Merdeka to the Dang Wangi Police Station for holding a candle one night! I guess the candle that Harris was holding that night was not of regulation size and thus he had to be removed to ensure public order and safety!!!
Cheers,
M V Nathan

No comments: