Thursday, August 7, 2008

So was it "rela" or "tak rela" ?

Manyak peninglah! Which is it now ? Rela or tak rela ?

I was in court yesterday morning. No I didn't go to court just to gawk at Anwar. I was there to attend to some other matters. These days waking up just to go to court is such a chore. Anyway that is not why I am writing here.
I was early in court yesterday. I was aware that Anwar was going to be charged and I didn't want to have any parking problems. I was in court by 7.15 am actually. Imagine my horror when I saw that the entire court complex overrun by our boys in blue even at that time. Even the FRU boys in full gear were present. Talk about overkill!!! No wonder you cant find a copper when you need one.
Anyway now that Anwar has been formally charged and given bail, I have just this one question running through my head. Now the other day that Saiful chap made a police report saying he was sodomised against his will. Ok, no problem with that. But now the charge that has been read in court seems to suggest that the act of sodomy was consensual ! Hello apa main-main kah ? Which is it now ? Rela or tak Rela ?
So typical as to how this country is being run presently. One cannot know what is the official position on any thing anymore. Everything is so "flip flop"!
Anyway the thing that I had wanted to highlight here is this. Why is the Anwar "trial" given so much importance by the authorities ? What happened to the investigations into the Judicial fiasco ? Remember the "Lingam tapes"? What happened ? Weren't we, the citizens of this country "sodomised" by some very so called prominent people ? Which is more important; the private matter between two "consenting" male individuals or the institution that is one of the main pillars of any civil society ?
I don't get it . Do you ?
M V Nathan

No comments: